Monday, January 13, 2014

Sawed in half | February papers


Apologies as social events caused a pause in the action here; I'll start making up for it with a post of 2 albums from far apart places.

The Too Much Too Soon Orchestra - Saw (1988)
Music for Instruments and Machines

Dror Feiler,tenor sax, b flat clarinet, contrabass clarinet, grinding machine
Mats Gustafsson, tenor sax, drilling machine
Sören Runolf, electric violoncello, synthesizer
Raimond Strid, drums, percussion, circle saw machine
Petter Hellsing, planing machine
I swear, it's as if Smell & Quim wanted to make a free jazz album. Even look at the cover art; perhaps these guys had listened to Jissom Killers before jamming. But it's an awesome industrial (in the neubauten way) -sounding improv album.
SAW

And from Smell & Quim to Robert Ashley's "Automatic Writing" -- that's what this album reminds me of. It slid behind my attention and became a subliminal listening experience without me realizing.

Tony Oxley's become a recent favorite of mine; I'm sure you'll dig this grand hypno-tiser. FEBRUARYPAPERS

Welcome back; and Tyler will start posting here too ---------------

No comments:

Post a Comment